Monday, May 2, 2011

May 2nd, 2011...The day after!

Yesterday's news of Usama Bin Laden being shot and killed by American Special Forces and Navy Seals will be remembered for generations to come, at least from this side of the world.  The news hit the airwaves last night and it seems to have created a fervor for American media.  I know that the agenda setters will keep this alive for weeks, if not months, to come.  It is a bit disturbing that this is the case with media.  I believe that the story should be talked about, reported on, and the information disseminated, but stop with the op/eds.

The op/eds I am referring too is the discourse on whether or not new terror attacks are coming as retaliation.  Quit feeding the fire, even though I know the media is well-known for it, I can't stand it.  There is very little truth in op/ed reporting, and it seems that media has progressed to a bunch of "so-called" experts on whatever given topic on any given day.  I have a serious problem with the media of today, and it is why I chose it as a profession.  Things need to change.  It needs to be revamped, and reorganized into an Indie type mentality.  Just like the Indie films, books, and music.  There has to be some competition from those who want to speak the truth and not just their opinions.

This blog is my opinion forum.  Sometimes I deliver facts and truth, but most of the time it is my perception of reality that is printed here.  I, however, do not force it down the throats of the masses.  This is what a blog should be, or at least what I believe it to be.  Therefore, if I want to hear you talk, I will shove my arm up your ass and move your lips.  Or, I will search out your opinions or editorials in the various media that I have access too.

The original point of this blog is to question the various news stories that have surfaced since last night.  I am curious as to the facts of the situation.  I want to know why our Intel from August was not acted upon until May.  The common answer seems to be my government wanted to make sure that Usama was actually where they thought him to be.  I have an issue with this since we use drones and the like to kill other enemies of the state.  We have used them successfully many times in the past decade.  So if the drones can gather intel, and our satellites can zoom into me smoking a cigarette on my back porch, then why wasn't this equipment used in this manner to facilitate an earlier operation.

The other comments/questions I have concern the shooting of this man.  At first I heard he was captured and shot.  Now the story has progressed to the operation being a firefight, at which time, Usama was shot in his left eye.  I have a lot of conspiracy theories and I would have liked to see the man be brought to justice.  We are a country of laws, and the laws of the land were broken by the Sept. 11th attacks.  There were many innocent people killed that day, and also on other days with other attacks worldwide.  These attacks from Al-Qaeda's perspective were based on this being a religious war.  This is not the case though.  We are not waging a Crusade against Islam.  Even though at times, some of my fellow countrymen are religious zealots in their own right, basing everything they do on The Bible or Christianity.  The fact of the matter is, we have just as many fanatics here in this country willing to die for their beliefs.

Years ago when this "War on Terror" started, even though I still contend it is not a real war just another example of semantics, I wrote a few blogs about extremism.  To refresh those thoughts it is very difficult to fight against an enemy that believes dying for his God in battle will bring peace and everlasting life beyond this reality.  It is impossible to defeat an army of those types of soldiers.  With this being said, that is where a great deal of confusion sets in.  People begin to think that we are fighting a Holy War because the other side believes it to be.  Well, if we were to fall into the trap, then our own country becomes divided by religion.  There are far too many people here in the U.S. that follow different religions, some don't believe at all.

There can be no right answer to how we explain the situation.  I am content with the fact that the manhunt is over, but the fight will wage on.  There probably will be an increase in terror attacks as retaliation, but I do not want to give an op/ed on where, when, how, why, etc.  That is pointless.  The best tool a government has is fear, the problem is the fear is usually conveyed to its own people, which in my mind is a pointless use of energy.  The key to any good government action is truth and information.  Without it, I stand to question everything that is done in the name of "justice" or "right."

I actually had to turn off the radio today because every station had their op/eds.  Like I have stated, I would have liked to see him brought to justice.  Not to defer the subject, but we still our a country of laws.  We have a system in place for justice to be served.  When McVeigh blew up the Federal building in Oklahoma City, we brought him to justice.  When the riots in Haymarket here in Chicago happened, we brought them to justice, when we captured Saddam Hussein we brought him to justice, ad nauseum.  There have been countless assassinations, murders, and mayhem that have happened over the years.  Some of them have become very detailed conspiracy theories, yet someone was brought to justice, or at least perceived justice.

I know that Usama's death is a perceived justice.  The American people would never have been able to give him a fair trial.  Also, the government would not have wanted to disclose all their Intel from 9/11.  Since that in itself is also a conspiracy theory.  I am not choosing a side here, instead I am just pointing out the ideology and beliefs that I stand by.  I have seen the inside of courtroom, I have been given my day in court, I have been hunted in the past, yet here I stand with just a few scars from those decades in the past.  I only ask the major media corporations and their agenda setters to move on past these op/eds of this story and get back to what is really important to me, which is making jobs, strengthening the economy, and paying down the National Debt.  Usama is dead, so let's go "Off to see the Wizard, the wonderful Wizard of Oz!"

No comments:

Post a Comment