Sunday, November 4, 2012

Haven't been here in a while, but updates are always good.

I probably should visit here more often, but life takes it toll on the time it takes to do any specific task. Well, I am here now, even if it may only be for a minute or two.

What has been happening?

I have a beautiful daughter named Madelyn Rose Kirschnick. She is almost 6 months old now and is beginning to do all the things a baby does. She is flipping over by herself, holding her own bottle, trying to talk, and one thing I am definitely proud of is her beautiful blue eyes. They are similar to mine, and I do believe they will break many a heart. She won a costume contest last week. The first prize was an ipod, not that it will do her much good, but the competition shows the beauty of her smile and her personality. She is her own person already. She is slowly becoming a beautiful American girl. She has a lot to learn, and I hope I live long enough to teach her everything I have learned about life, people, society, and academics. This will include the good and the bad, as they both need understanding in order to maneuver through this thing we call life.

As for my life, well beyond the daughter and the family I am trying to support, I have taken up a 2nd job. I work about 70 hours a week, and both jobs are manual labor. They both include driving, which we all know I love to do. I drive trucks for AT&T during the graveyard hours downtown Chicago, and of course still do the local moving job. I had hoped that my M.A. in Communication would allow me to garner a high paying salary job by now, but to no avail.

Our politicians irritate me to no end. I do wish I was in a better position to run for office, but for now it is not possible. The issues are not being addressed, and I get increasingly angry at the media for not focusing on the issues. Instead the media, the elections, and the politicians themselves are using a soap-opera format. I do not like reality tv, I do not like partisan media coverage, I especially do NOT like Obama or Romney. I stand by my 3rd party ideology. I want truth, not lies. I want solutions, not attack ads. I want to believe that my elected officials are actually doing what they are supposed to be doing.

I believe in small government. I think I should just focus on helping my community here in suburban Chicagoland. I think I get the most angry when I try to look at the big picture. The big picture is fucked up because people spend so much time trying to satisfy everyone at once. It doesn't work that way. My village and my children's school district are operating within a budget. They are making a balanced budget year after year. Most of it is supported through local taxes and good governance. There are not excessive loans being taken out to cover the daily operation costs, instead they are managing the funds within the means of the community that it governs. Why is the Federal government not doing this? It is because Corporate America has taken over the legislature. Why the politicians don't just place their corporate sponsors on their suits like NASCAR is beyond me.

The election on Tuesday is not going to be a turning point for America. It is just another stop on the long winding road to bankruptcy. How the Fed can consistently borrow, write off bad debt, and continue to spend is well beyond my comprehension. If I ran my checkbook like they run theirs would result in legal action against me. I cannot write off my bad debt and still borrow year after year. I am still trying to catch up with my student loans, 100,000 in catch up. The current President says he wants to increase education spending, but what does that matter when I sit here with a graduate degree unable to find a job in my field. Instead I am stuck working 2 manual jobs just to pay the bills. This is not why I went to school, and this is not where I expected to be when I got my degrees. This sickens me to no end. I am truthfully disgusted by the rhetoric. Post-secondary education is important, but it is useless if these kids come out of college without opportunities for employment. This falls on both Dems and Repubs. I am voting for Gary Johnson, the Libertarian candidate for President. We need to stop spending, and cut taxes, decrease the size of government, lower the expectations of the government being responsible for my welfare.

Our entitlement society has allowed this Nanny State ideology to take hold. I don't agree with the current welfare programs because there are too many opportunities and loopholes to allow for mismanagement and "practically" criminal" behavior. If someone gives you money regularly, and you are not required to do anything for it, will you really want to try to find a job? I do not think so, there is no incentive for it. Changing from free money to money you have to earn is not an "optimal" choice for those abusing the system. The other aspect of this is the underground economy, where drug dealers collect a welfare check, get food stamps, and still make a lot of money selling drugs on the street corners. You can disagree with me if you want, but I will debate the subject of the "War on Drugs" as being a plague on our society. Remove it by legalizing the drugs, taxing the drugs, selling them at Walgreens where you can regulate who buys them. ie over 18 or over 21. Do you think a drug dealer on the West side of Chicago can compete with a private company producing heroin, cocaine, marijuana, etc.? No, they couldn't, the price would be too low for them to be selling on the corner. Plus, it would lower the HIGH homicide rate in Chicago. Most gang violence is based on drug sales. This started in the 1980s and it continues today. The unemployment rate would soar if you took everyone off welfare, and legalized drugs. Then all these morons that think things are getting better would be slapped in the face with a 15% unemployment rate, yet things would get better over time because of these changes. People would become competitive.

This is not a race thing either, this is an American ideology gone awry. I could care less if you are white, black, brown, etc. I don't see our problems that way, if you want to play the victim role that is your business. I could play that role. I am an ex-felon, yet I don't cry about it. I don't complain about the fact that my felonies resulted from my misdirected youth activities. I liked to party, I liked to get high, and the result of that allowed me to fill a supply and demand gap. Well, I am paying for it now, by not being afforded equal opportunity for employment versus someone with my degrees without felonies. I am NOT a victim though, and I don't want my government to assist me because I believe myself to be a victim. My family came here in 1926, well after slavery ended. My family is not responsible for what happened here in the 1800s. I will not apologize, nor agree with giving someone extra assistance because of some wrong society committed almost two centuries ago. I stand on my own two feet, and I believe that my government needs to quit addressing the hands out approach. My hand is not out, I do not want a break, I want a job. I want policy change in drug laws, and prison reform. The sentencing for drug use and possession is flawed, and it is excessive. It needs to be changed.

I believe in ground up policy change. If someone wants to get high, it doesn't bother me, if someone steals from me to get it, then that should be the issue at hand. This life I live has taken me down many paths. Get off your ass and quit expecting someone to come along and save your ass. If I could turn my life around as I have, then there isn't anyone who can't also do it. I slept for months outside in the middle of winter being homeless, I didn't get a handout then, and I made it just fine. QUIT expecting my tax dollars to help your lazy ass. I have friends of all colors that still live of the government, so again this IS NOT a race opinion. I am not racist. I am tired of hearing about things being based on color. Life sucks, but I did something about it, and again I do not get a bunch of "extra" chances at success because I am white. I lost that privilege with the felonies.

This whole nation's approach at fixing things sickens me. I don't know where the government came up with the notion of taking care of people. Who pays for that? How much larger can the Fed get before nobody is paying for its actions? If everyone is working in the government, and the government is taking care of everyone, who is paying the bill?

The other issue I have is with the Benghazi issue and the fact that the media is choosing to not address the facts. There are countless outlets for news that I use, mostly international agencies, that actually do have a handle on it. I think there is something serious that is being kept from the American people until after the election, well, that is just the saddest thing I have seen from supposed "journalists". The media bias is very apparent, and that sickens me too. The media should be the demilitarized zone, focusing on facts, not political agendas. I knew what had happened on September 12th. I posted the international news stories that backed up the true accounts, yet the government spun it as a protest about a video for two weeks. How did I get the truth 24 hours later? And the president and his staff didn't for 2 weeks? BULLSHIT! It is a sad state of affairs, not to mention not sending in reinforcements to airlift those Americans out of there. I know we have the capabilities for it, and it wasn't done. I do NOT need the facts anymore, I know something got fucked up, I just want the people responsible to come forward and accept their punishment. If the rumors about the CIA running armaments to Syrian rebels (Al-Qaeda backed) through Libya in Benghazi are true, there will not be enough resignations to fix the trust lost with the American people. I believe some of the rumors, as there is always a bit of truth to every rumor.

Just to be clear, I voted for Kerry in 2004, and I was complaining about Bush when no weapons of mass destruction were found in Iraq. I couldn't stand Bush, and his torture, and Gitmo, and the lack of Due Process, and the USA Patriot Act, the illegal wiretaps, but this presidency is no better. The government lies, I don't care who is in control, and it is a shame that Obama ended up in the same boat as Bush. I am always a skeptic with this shit, and I can't believe some of the shit I have seen recently.

Anyway, I am going to keep working, and maybe I will have something else to add after the election and the masses get the truth which I have been consistently searching for in the past 2 months.

/Vote 3rd party, because the 2 main parties are not looking out for your best interests.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment