Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Kidnapped by 6 drunk chicks at a Baby Shower...

Saturday night, June 18th, 2011, I went to Jet's Public House in my neighborhood to have a beer and a shot. I had to work on Sunday, so I was not planning on getting drunk, and I just needed to unwind after a hard days work. I ordered my beer and shot and sat there for a few minutes. Shortly after the bartender served me, the jukebox played "Cherry Bomb" by The Runaways. I don't think I have ever heard that in a bar, or at least not lately (past 10 years). There was a group of very obnoxious girls to my right that were very drunk.

As I was sitting there, they began to sing "Talk Dirty to Me" very loud. It was much louder than the jukebox, and it was quite comical. I thought they were just too drunk, and that was that. Near the end of my beer, and after ordering another one, one of the girls, Kara, came up to the bar and asked about the jukebox. The girls wanted it louder and threatened to leave the establishment because the bartender refused to turn it up. Kara, and another girl, argued that they were the last of the patrons in that bar, besides me, and questioned why they would want the bar to be empty. They were threatening to leave and go to another bar. The bartender did not give in to their demands.

Kara tried to explain their side to me, which I just laughed and nodded while these girls began to surround me and ask me questions about my thoughts and opinions of the situation. After that banter had subsided, we began to talk about where we all were from. After about 10 minutes, it turns out that Kara and her sister actually grew up in Mayfair, which is where I stomped around also for a few years on and off. It was Jimmie's neighborhood, and this was back in the early 90s. We realized we knew some of the same people, which then escalated into another situation, the kidnapping of me!

This was a baby shower, and these women were drunk, but they wanted me to come to the next bar with them. They all had wedding rings on, and I was not flirting with them, nor thinking of anything else besides drinking. They insisted that I couldn't be left at the bar by myself and I should go with. I didn't hesitate, and we ended up at The Nil. This happened to be the bar that I told Connie I was married at, which created the downward spiral that ultimately ended that relationship. I was hesitant to go there because Connie does drink there on Saturday nights, but bit the bullet and went anyway.

Upon arriving, I was introduced to one of the women's husband, Mike. He had gone to St. Patrick's but was 2 years behind me. Again, we started to see common names from our past, which is pretty funny considering how small the world actually is, six degrees of separation that is. Mike and the women bought me drinks all night. I was very drunk by the end of the night, and I went home having only bought my first 2 beers and a shot at Jet's.

I congratulated the woman I thought had just had a baby, and she freaked out. One of the girls who coaxed me into coming to The Nil, told me not to worry about it, and that I didn't offend her. The other girl then had an argument with her girlfriend about me calling her fat. I did no such thing, I just said congratulations on the baby. This situation escalated and finally there was a rather long argument between the two women. The other women tried to calm the waters, but nothing worked. I finally stepped in, as a mediator, and said my peace. For future reference, mediation does not work when the mediator is: A. involved in the conflict, B. drunk!

Crissy, the girl I said congratulations to, ended up leaving very pissed off. One by the one girls left. I was left with the two original sisters from Mayfair. Like I said, I got pretty drunk for free, and I stumbled home. I laughed about the entire affair the whole way. 5 AM rolled around rather quickly and I was stuck having to work. The day dragged on, but allowed me to recollect the events, and thus be able to write them down here. This is another Great Adventure, and I kind of like being kidnapped, especially when the drinks are free. Hopefully, those women were able to settle their differences. I was just a strange side-show attraction for them, but everything happens for a reason, and maybe those negative feelings that Crissy has, needed to be brought out into the open so they can be dealt with. It just shouldn't have been done when she was drinking.

I will more than likely never see any of these women again, and if I did, I probably wouldn't remember what they look like. I drank about a hundred dollars in free booze, and got to chat with some interesting people. The thing I have realized is that married life is not for me. I knew this from my own personal experience with it, but after talking with these women and their husbands, it is even more apparent. I see the issues that some of these people have, and I looked into Mike's eyes and saw a fear of what was to come. Most of these women seemed to have bubbly personalities, but you could see the dark sides too. Maybe they got pregnant before they wanted kids. It just seemed like they were all stuck in the rat race, and wished they could be as free as me. I am not judging, just saying!

No comments:

Post a Comment