Sunday, March 20, 2011

Back home in Chicago

The trip home on St. Patrick's Day was rather uneventful.  I got to go through the new security systems at Seattle Airport.  It wasn't as bad as the media made it sound.  I went out with Matt Reichel and my buddy Marty on Friday night.  We pounded some $4.00 pints of Guinness and all-you-can-eat fish fry with chips for $7.00.  That is one thing I appreciate about being home compared to Hawaii, cheap drinks and food at the pub.  Marty talked me into taking a ride to Indiana for some poker, but I ended up not playing because the atmosphere didn't feel right.  He did well for most of the night, but then lost all his money on pocket aces.  He was not very happy, and I tried to get him to leave earlier but he wanted to play a little longer.  The end result was he missed his last train home to Waukegan.  So he offered me 60 bucks to drive him home, which I happily took him up on.  All in all, my night ended with a profit. 

Last night was my sister's engagement party.  Even though the estimated numbers of people was supposed to be around 20-30 people, it turned out to be about 100 people.  I didn't know most of the people that showed up, but I got by.  My father and I had 2 beers together, and I think that was the first time I ever drank with him.  I left home at 17, and our relationship was very scarred throughout most of my 20s because of my lifestyle choices.  The past 7 years have been on a positive re-forming between him and I.  The party was a success, and my sister seems happy with her decision to get married.  Her wedding will be sometime next summer.  I am happy for her.  I left the party to go the Rockford charitable games, where I played some sit-n-go tournaments.  I won the first one for 110 dollar profit.  I lost the second one, but still left 85 dollars ahead than when I arrived.  I think I will go back to that game a couple days a week.  It is in Skokie tomorrow, the problem is my mother starts her new job tomorrow, which means I won't have access to her car until she gets settled in the job.

Other than that, life is just moving fast for the moment.  I am just chilling out today, which is a nice change of pace.  I am pretty relaxed and I think I will just veg-out.  The weather was very nice when I arrived on Thursday, but it has been chilly since then.  It started raining today, the first day of spring, and I believe it will be raining through Thursday.  Alright, more updates to come.  Hopefully my blogging will get back to normal.  That includes content, anecdotes, etc.

See Ya,
Kenny

No comments:

Post a Comment