Wednesday, March 16, 2011

My Life on Vacation... Nov. 14th, 2009

HELLO ALL,

I am feeling so awesome right now.  Today was the first day of my first vacation, the second starts after Thursday night.  I have nothing to do until Thursday at 5 PM, and at 8 PM on that same day, I will be free from any commitments until Nov. 30th.  Life is awesome.  I quit my job this week.  It was the right decision.  I was making 7.25 an hour for 12 hours a week, and yes money is good, but not when you have to pay 21 dollars a day for parking in downtown Honolulu.  If you do the math, I would only be making about 4.00 an hour, and that doesn't include my lunch.  I also was told I was going to get 50% off of my tuition, but they misinformed, misspoke, or just plain lied, either way, it didn't materialize, and that was my main motivation to even go to work there at all. 

The upside to not working is the extra time I have for myself and my academics.  I am leaving for the Big Island next Wednesday for 5 days of fun.  I truly believe it will be an awesome experience.  I will post pictures, and I will blog when possible about my adventures.  I will be 34 on Friday.  I have lived longer than I ever expected, and as each day passes I become more wise to fact that life should be lived in the present.

As for my personal life, well that is still up for grabs.  Katie gave me Karen's number, I called left a message, but never heard back from my wife.  I tried calling this past weekend as a follow up, but now the number is disconnected.  So once again, I have no idea where my wife is at the moment.  That is kind of disturbing to most people, to me however, it is normal.I have been listening to country music lately, and it is starting to grow on me.  I have been doing karaoke, and singing Cash.  It is becoming quite a lifestyle that I am proud of.  It was the best decision for me to come back to Hawaii.  I almost didn't make it back.  I think I will get 3 As from school this semester, that will help my GPA and hopefully reinforce my ambition for my Ph.D.  I don't think I can make the Fall 2010 start at UH for the Ph.D.  So I am just going to relax, take minimum classes and stay at HPU for 10-11.  This way I can prepare for my Ph.D. in summer of 2011.  So that is my life, it is going along quite nicely.

I don't blog as much, but I am having so much fun.  Oh, and I am trying to get my book finished, since I have been talking about it for WAY too long now.  I made some good progress this past week on it.  Maybe I can finish it during this vacation.  Alright, I have to go get my laundry, have a drink, make some dinner, and smile!!!

Later

No comments:

Post a Comment