Monday, March 14, 2011

T(apout) Mob(ster) i(s)le AKA T-Mobile Apr. 5th, 2009

Another day in a really screwed up land.  Here is the story...

At approximately 10:00 A.M. on Friday April 3rd, 2009, I was verbally assaulted and physically threatened with violence by an employee of T-Mobile.  I believe I was the victim of an incident that cannot be overlooked.

I arrived at the T-Mobile store on Hotel St. and Ala Kai in Downtown Honolulu to inquire about my minute usage.  I was informed on the date of purchase that I had nights and weekends for unlimited usage.  This plan as I was told on February 3rd, 2009, started at 7 PM, but was told today on April 3rd, 2009 that free nights and weekends starts at 9 PM.  I stated that I would not have signed a two-year contract under those terms.  I also stated that I was from Chicago and with the time difference it would not make sense for me to have free minutes at 9 PM and not 7 PM.  I stated that I could go home to get my contract but if I did then I would be more upset and not give any lee-way in resolving my issue.  At that time, Blaison Hazard punched his computer screen with both hands; knocking it off of the base it stands on.  He then told me he didn't need his job and would be willing to "go right now".  Of course, he was implicitly implying to have a physical fight.  He stated he was studying to become a police officer and if I wanted to wait, "we could fight after I have my badge and gun".  Then, he said since I am from Chicago we could go outside right now and settle this on the street.  He stated, "I will not be someone's bitch!"  He swore and insisted on fighting.  I did not respond through the tirade, except I said, "This is not professional."  After he stopped yelling, he asked me why I was silent and just staring at him.  I did not respond to him, but instead asked another sales associate if he was the manager.  Blaison said, "The manager comes in at 10:30."

I stepped away from the counter without responding to him.  I am writing this out as I don't want to forget the details, or if none of the other employees want to admit to what has happened.  I could have called the police, but I am afraid that Blaison now has my address and I do not want any disputes beyond this day's events.

I am an author, a grad student at Hawaii Pacific University, and an American citizen.  If this situation is not resolved to my satisifaction I will be initiating a lawsuit against your company for the verbal and physical threats I received while in your store.  I do not think T-Mobile would appreciate this type of customer service.  I am considering contacting the Honolulu Police Department to file a report of this incident.

I do not solve my issues through physical means.  There is no room for violence in the business world and this is the most unprofessional thing I have seen in all my life.  This is not "street fights" or "ultimate fighting;" this is real life over my cell-phone bill.

Kenneth Kirschnick


This was the letter I had written immediately following the event.  I just wanted to type it out for added documentation.  I really cannot comment further at this time since I am in negotiations with T-Mobile, and contacting a lawyer.  I figured I would just drop the event here, and see what kind of feedback I get.  There is a lot more to the story, so keep checking back over the next few weeks for updates.

I don't really know why I am finding myself in the most peculiar situations as of late!

Later

No comments:

Post a Comment