Wednesday, March 16, 2011

what is on my agenda Mar. 13th, 2010

March 13th, 2010

I am still living in Hawaii.  I have done a lot of soul searching over the past few weeks.  My life is ending another chapter, but starting a new one.  I have decided that Hawaii will soon be part of my past.  As of December 2010, I plan on graduating with my M.A.  I was going to write my thesis and graduate next summer, but I am now thinking of taking my comprehensive examination to get my degree and move to Boston.  I am going to be applying for my Ph.D. at a Boston school.  Of course I have to take my GRE sometime in the near future, not to mention finish Simplicity so I can have on bookstore shelves by the summer.  I am going home to Chicago for the summer, and sometime over the summer I will be heading to Boston.  During that time I will apply for some positions, and get the applications for the schools in the area.

As for Hawaii, this place is great but it runs heavy on the checkbook and patience.  My roommate Alex has decided to head back to the mainland next month.  Although he just got here in October, he will be missed.  We had a lot of great memories, and I know my path and his will cross again at some time in the future.  He has the traveling feet as I do, and thus our future will be intertwined. 

I am still trying to figure out these silly divorce papers.  The government makes it difficult to get divorced, but they and the church make very easy to get married.  Shouldn't it be the other way around?  I am going to try and get it done before I leave Hawaii, but my expenses are running high, and the summer might cost me some money due to wanting to keep this apartment in Waikiki.  I am trying to get this situation taken care of, but I can only do so much.  I am sure it will work itself out.

I am going to see what happens.  I have been doing some video work, and I am liking it all over again.  It is a passion that is actually more exciting to me than writing.  I guess my mindset is swaying towards visual from literary.  Anyway, I think that about sums up what I am up too.  I hope everyone is doing great, and when I am back on the mainland for good, I might be able to pull off that road trip to see everyone around the country.

Later

No comments:

Post a Comment