Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Third day on the job Oct. 27th, 2009

This is my third day at my new job at Hawai..i Pacific University Off-Campus Housing Office.  I feel good about the position even though some things have changed concerning my payroll and of course the high percentage of tuition reimbursement I thought I was receiving.  Well, it turns out this is just a regular job, with no real incentive.

On another note, my bank card was stolen sometime between Friday night and Saturday morning.  I called and canceled it, but it turns out charges have already been done that I am not responsible for.  So my bank account is light by about 363.00.  That hurts a raven in his heart, but ta the sha main problem is just I have to do paperwork with the bank to fix it.

My new roommate is Alex.  He is the MC at Senor Frog's.  So one of my roommates is at Level 4 (very high class nightclub) and now my other roommate is at Senor Frog's in the same mall.  Life is good for me.  Alex and I competed in a pool tournament last night at Nashvilles.  I didn't want to play but he talked me into it.  I won 1 lost 2.  The cool thing is that I am slowly coming around to enjoying Country Music.  That was the last genre of music I didn't like to listen too.  But it has grown on me.  Even at times I use the Mr. America accent because I am surrounded by the Southern dialect.  It is pretty amusing.  I like Nashvilles also because of that Country/Western feel.  They even played some Murphy's Law last night, so it is not just Country.

School is moving along nicely.  I got hung up last week, and my emotions have been running high lately.  Of course, it doesn't help when I have the females gossiping about my life.  I will just quote Lil Wayne, and say if you don't know me, then keep my name out your mouth.

Well, I am pretty sure I am going to Big Island for Thanksgiving.  So I will be checking out the volcanoes and staying in Hilo for 5 days.  That ought to be fun.  My truck is holding up, even though I have to replace my power steering pump at some point.  The bearings are going out in the pulley.  Once it stops, it will break the Serpentine belt.  I just don't exactly have a full day to work on it.  So that will have to wait, hopefully it holds up for a few more weeks.

Well, there is always more to say, but I have to work on my Midterm paper for my Mediation class.  I did a presentation on the paper, and now it is time to complete the paper.

Hope all is well around the world, wherever you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment