Monday, March 14, 2011

My Vote has been cast Oct. 20th, 2008

Well I held up my end of the bargain today and voted Libertarian.  I made good use of the early voting here in Chicago.  I was surprised to see Ralph Nader running as an Independent while his Green Party also had candidates.  I think he is trying to split the vote here in Illinois.  This is all fine with me as long as a third party is added to our system.  Not having enough choices in our political spectrum really irritates me.  I keep hearing, "Lesser of Two Evils" from friends and family.  I mean come on, if that was really true then there would only be 2 parties on the ballot.  This is not the case though, do your own research, stay informed, and vote for the best candidate.  My sister just said to me about 5 minutes ago that I wasted my vote on Barr/Root (the Libertarian candidates), but I quickly informed her that I am fighting for a 3 party system, and if my vote slowly accumulates voters to other parties, then it was worth it!  Also, I voted for a Constitutional Convention here in Illinois.  We only get to vote for this once every 20 or is it 30 years.  I say let's re-write the books, because they are out of whack and people are not driving cars as long as trailers anymore.  Nor are we forced to listen to disco!  So there is my voting day rhetoric, I hope you enjoyed and learned something!

Later
Kenny

No comments:

Post a Comment