Monday, March 14, 2011

More "this is life" June 28th, 2009

Well, my days are still arriving as scheduled.  I am still seeing the sunrise every morning.  Life is still not exactly what I had hoped it would be at this point.  This can be blamed on me, but things could be worse.  I am in debt up to my eyeballs.  I owe everyone and practically every institution.  I am leaving soon for jail, trying to tie up the loose ends before I go, and also trying to maintain some sort of focus.  Life really is good, but bad at the same time.  I am working hard on my masters degree, looking forward to my PhD next year, and hopefully will find some sort of solace in the near future.

I am living on my own again.  I came back from Hawai'i and planned to stay at my parents' house for a bit, but life changed so fast that I had to move out.  I slowed down my drinking and have been painting downtown for some extra cash.  That is the high point beyond my masters degree program.  I will be able to teach Comm. courses starting next summer.  I am carrying a perfect score so far in my Masters program, which will ultimately help my chances as a PhD candidate.  I haven't decided where I will go to school for that, but it will probably be here in Chicago.  I am on a good course besides the overdrawn bank accounts, which include Connie and that is all my fault.  I am trying to get her out of my life, but the funds are not available to fix the bank.  That is the last tie that binds her and I.

The court costs killed me, along with my rent and day-to-day bills.  I think that will be solved this week.  My soon to be ex-wife is taking care of the divorce, that will be a huge burden lifted also.  So I am slowly getting back to even.  Once that happens, I can breathe a huge sigh of relief.  I am content today.  I can't fix everything at once, but I am putting forth my best effort.  I will keep you all posted.

So that is life, and today is not great, but it is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment