Monday, March 14, 2011

The reason I sold my car... Nov. 27th, 2008

Yeah, this is the reason I sold my car!  After I found out about the Arizona speeding ticket, I knew that it was going to be a long process of headaches and turmoil...And I was right again...Here is the letter I had to write to the under boss of the Division Director of the entire Arizona Department of Transportation last night!  These people really have no idea who they are messing with!!!

so the letter was this...

Hello Sylvia (I added her last name for effect, but I erased it for myspace),
My name is Kenneth Kirschnick.  I called your offices earlier today to request more information about how to clear a speeding ticket from your state that is on my record.  The speeding ticket has put a hold on my license renewal in Illinois.  I contacted your office a few weeks ago and received the information I needed to correct the incident in question.  I contacted the courthouse associated with my traffic violation and mailed the money owed on said violation.  I have received two copies from the courthouse.  Both are abstracts, and one is pink, while the other is yellow.  It states at the bottom of these abstracts that there are four copies of this paperwork.  Two have been sent to me, while one is for the courthouse.  I was unsure if the courthouse sends any paperwork to ADOT or if it was my responsibility.  I would like to think that it shouldn't be my responsibility since this is an inner State issue.  This is where the issue arose with your level 2 personnel.

I did not have a chance to hear her name, but if you have recordings of incoming calls then you should be able to pull up the phone call (approximately 5 PM CST or 3 PM your time, November 26th, 2008).  After asking a considerable amount of questions I realized I was not being told what I should do next.  The operator continously asked me if the paperwork had the courts seal.  I do not and cannot find what I was being asked of the paperwork.  She began to talk to me with a negative sounding attitude on the phone.  At which point, I asked to speak to her supervisor.  She connected me to Roy 'erased' (I am positive about the first name, but am unsure about the second because he had me on speaker phone, and that made it difficult to hear him clearly).  Roy also was very unhelpful.  Finally, after a considerable amount of bickering between Roy and I, I asked for the name of his supervisor.  He then hung up the call, and disconnected us.

Is this the type of customer interaction in which you train your personnel to perform their jobs?  I had to call back (long distance again might I add) to ask for your name, and Stacy 'erased' name and title.  I would send this letter directly to her but I am familiar with bureaucracy and I know she would never receive the email.  I am not a doormat!  I am an average Illinoisan that was only looking to resolve a traffic altercation from 1997.  As much as I would love to believe my government agencies are working for the benefit of the American people, these situations tell a different story.  I feel the need to point out this deficiency in your training and interaction with incoming calls regarding people and Arizona motor vehicle issues.

I would appreciate a response from you at your earlier convenience.  If I do not hear from you in a timely fashion, I will not hesitate to call Stacy Stanton on the telephone and speak with her directly.  I have been told you are the office manager, and therefore should have the ability to resolve this situation as painlessly as possible.  I need to know how to get my suspension lifted in your state so that I can drive in my state.  A drivers license is a form of livelihood in a state that has winter right around the corner.  To not drive means more travel time to and from my job.  This will only increase my stress levels, and possibly create added duress to an already shaky economic situation that I find myself in at the moment due to our economic woes as a nation.  I can only hope this letter does not fall on deaf ears.

Thank you for your time,
Kenneth Kirschnick
Author of Jails, Institutions, and Death

Kenneth Kirschnick
Date of Birth: Deleted
Ticket :Deleted
Deleted Court
Deleted, AZ

My contact information is: Deleted

Please notify me as soon as possible for a resolution to this problem.
....
....
....
So there it is.  I knew this kind of thing would happen, and since it is Thanksgiving, I received an auto-reply saying this woman was out of the office until tomorrow.  This letter was sent during normal business hours earlier this week, not today!  Anyway, I still have no idea what they want me to send them, and I cannot seem to get a straight answer out of them either.  The courts were closed early yesterday, and I think the town is so small I was probably their only traffic case on the books!!!  Seriously, I got pulled over on the highway doing 92 in a 75 zone in 1997 just as I crossed over the border from New Mexico into Arizona.  Karen and I were going to relocate after she left the healing place she went after her car accident.  So yeah, still living in the chaos to some extent, and I am helpless, the more money I throw at the problem, the more they want from me...ADOT wants a money order also to process the paperwork I send them!!! I mean should the courts be a little responsible for the paperwork, I mean they have no trouble sending paperwork to suspend your license!  But fuck you if you think they want to help give it back to you!

Ah well, enjoy your Turkey day, I will get on top of it tomorrow.  On a lighter note, I got a call about a job in Los Angeles yesterday.  I will call them tomorrow too.  So if Hawaii falls through, I might just go work in L.A.

That's all I got!

Later
Kenny

Couple all this with a serious head cold, and suicide looks better and better every moment. j/k.  but seriously!

No comments:

Post a Comment