Monday, March 14, 2011

A night of networking June 21st, 2008

The show closes tonight, but last night I had an opportunity to network with some fellow NEIU students.  I went to a party where everyone attended my school.  The great thing was that I went there to pitch my life ideas.  To get a response, some feedback, etc.  I had a great time.  There were a lot of International Exchange Students.  So that was interesting all in itself.  But I was able to get some feedback on the comic book, my propulsion system using static electricity (and now magnets...long story), along with my latest book, and some other stuff I have been trying to get off the ground.  There was a guy who was really into Physics, and then there was a guy who was really into Botany, etc.  The people were from all forms of the education spheres.  So I was in my element because I had a thousand ideas to bounce off people, and I was in the right place.  I hope something great comes from the night out, and I do believe it will.  I was, of course, the only sober one there, but at least I was able to get my ideas circulating before the drunkenness took over.
It turned out to be a costume party related to movies.  Since I left my house with my Hawaiian shirt and Bermuda shorts, I went as Gary Busse's character from Point Break.  There was a guy there as American Psycho, another as John McClane from Die Hard, Mia from Pulp Fiction, Groucho Marx, Boondock Saints, The Professional, etc.  It was a really great night.  Ron Burgundy even showed up around 4 AM.  He was hilarious, and the guy who brought him said he was like that in real life.  I was cracking up for about an hour while he rambled on drunk as hell!!!  He was a riot!
I definitely put my comic book ideas into a more coherent idea.  It helped to have someone there that actually does Botany.  It was an information festival.  I love hanging with the intellectuals.  That is definitely my crowd of people.  Well I have to get out of here for my final show tonight, and then we have to 'strike' the stage.  Strike is the term used that describes the taking apart of the stage directly after a show closes.  Most of the cast will be going out for Erin's Birthday party, and I would have liked to go, but I need the hours for my Theatre class.  So I guess I will be a part of the Strike crew!  I probably won't get home until at least 2 AM.  Maybe later, but we shall see.
Life is like a poker hand.  You never know if the next hand is going to be your all-in moment.  I do know that the flops in the past 24 hours have been very helpful to me.  I have actually been hitting a few hands, now the question is if these hands are going to pay off...

Later
Kenny

No comments:

Post a Comment