Wednesday, March 16, 2011

This week's past events Feb. 15th, 2010

The life I lived in Roselle in my youth was quite the experience.  Not the normal experience in the sense it relates to most youths or adults reminiscing their youth, instead it is a unique experience.  When you combine 500+ youths into an environment of pure self-indulgence that are searching for answers as to why they even exist in the first place you get Roselle.  From this experience I gained a vast knowledge of my current reality.  I learned how to love wholeheartedly, how to survive with nothing, yet be respected by those who surround you day in and day out.  I love all those I have met because of what I was taught by these self proclaimed professors, or better yet prophets. 

Well, this past week, I lost another GREAT friend, Greg Lehman.  He was a rock in stormy waters for me.  He allowed me to crash on his couch whenever I needed it, no matter the trouble I was in.  However this blog is not all about Greg instead it is about what I experienced and the people I met in Roselle that do not mirror Greg's actions.  There were those that chose to turn their backs on me and Beth when things were really bad.  Following the masses and the choices some of my best friends were taking, they chose to separate themselves from me and my best girl.  The lifestyle I was leading was not the most healthy.  However, the occurrences and circumstances that took place during that time were the most unbelievable experiences of my life...

Greg Lehman was always there when I knocked on his window or when I was running from Johnny Law.  He was that sunrise when all was dark and devious.  He was the guy I could rely on for anything at anytime.  He never said, "NO", to me.  He never turned me away.  Even when his mom was not willing to allow my actions and lifestyle to be permitted in her house, he told me I could crash in his driveway in my car.  And I did take him up on the offer many times.  Greg, was that guy who was finish this later I have to cook....

No comments:

Post a Comment