Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Life cracks me up...July 18th, 2010

I recently was contacted by my old friend Jimmie from the neighborhood.  We went to see Candlebox and Soul Asylum in Indiana on Thursday.  He is still with Tracy, also from the neighborhood.  We drove to Indiana watched Candlebox; which sucked ass...They even censored their own music on stage.  I guess since there were a lot of families there, they decided to not swear on stage, even though two of the songs that were hits in the 90s had swear words in the lyrics. 

We stayed til the end of the show and started walking back towards my car, which I parked by Wolf Lake in the residential area to save the 15 bux the city was charging ppl to park at the venue.  It was a fun time.  We stopped and watched the only cloud in the sky change shapes and never move from its spot in the sky.  We asked everyone that passed to tell us what they saw, sort of like looking at ink blocks at a psychiatrist's office.  Everyone had something different that they saw.  We sat there for a while, we met a couple musicians, that told us they were playing a show at The Refinery, a bar down the street in Whiting, IN.  We said we would go to the show on Saturday since Everclear was playing that night at the festival. 

So Saturday came along, and I went to pick up Jimmie and Tracy at a Bar-b-que they attended.  Well, it turns out, Jimmie was so drunk he kept falling over, so I never made it to see Everclear or that other band The Refinery.  However, I did get to meet some cool new ppl.  The guy's house where the BBQ was is named Alan.  I met his son A.J.; an up and coming musician; his neighbors Mike and Mike.  A couple of Des Plaines Police Officers there to tell Alan to keep the music down. 

The funny part of the night was watching Jimmie try to walk drunk.  Everytime he stood up, he fell.  I have never seen him that smashed as long as I have known him, and that is over 20 years.  I laughed my ass off everytime it happened.  And it happened quite frequently.  He was all beat up, bruised, and bleeding.  I think I also got them on board to take this Boston trip with me in 2 weeks.

Besides getting in touch with Jimmie and Tracy, I also have gotten in touch with Christian.  If you can believe that, this summer is turning out to be quite interesting.  Anyway, some ppl are up to the same ol' stuff, while others are embarking on new things and lifestyles.  I also found out Psycho Karen died in November.  That was a bit of a shocker to me, but those that keep messing with that dope, always find the final resting place quicker than the rest of us that gave it up.

So the adventures keep coming, but I just don't have the urge to keep writing them in a descriptive, author way.  I am becoming complacent when it comes to writing down my interactions with the world.  Maybe that will change and I will be able to finish my auto-biography, hopefully!

Alright, catch y'all on the flipside.

No comments:

Post a Comment