Wednesday, March 16, 2011

My blogging has slowed down considerably, why?

I quit blogging for a while due to the changes on MySpace.  The site is trying to compete with Facebook, which is not really working out to well.  Those people that continue to use MySpace were users there for a while.  I am still keeping my profile up and running, because the difference in the two sites is very reminiscent of Marx' ideas concerning separation of class.  Anyway, the blogging page changed so much that it was impossible for me to blog anything. 

As for an update on my life, well Karen and I finalized the divorce about a month ago.  She was able to finally get the order signed by a judge, which means I am officially divorced.  Claudia and I also broke up in January.  The reasons for that break-up were/are quite lengthy.  The original plan was that her and I move into together at the end of last summer.  It was a quite comfortable feeling to have the stability that she is used to having, and thus allowed me to feel comfortable also.  She was going to move to Chicago with me, but it was all based upon her finding a job and/or getting accepted into a Ph.D. program.  I started thinking about her future and well-being and realized that she would have to rely on me as the ONLY person in her life if she made a move like that.  Thinking about that, made me think that it would be best if she and I separated for her to find out exactly what she wants from life.  At the moment, I am so far in debt from my student loans, that I would be nothing but extra baggage for her, and she might become miserable over time, which may increase resentment from either her or me.  I took the strong perspective and told her it was best if we stopped our relationship and re-evaluated our own lives.  The door is still wide open in my eyes concerning a possible future relationship.  I love her, but today is not the day to finalize that.  I have been given advice from friends and even professors saying that I should marry her, but that is a big step that I am unable to do at this point in my life.  With so many questions regarding my future, i.e. no job, debt, a fresh start, bad economy, etc., it becomes difficult for me to keep her waiting in the foyer.

I officially received my M.A. in Communication this past week.  I set out to get my Ph.D. and now I am in a position to do this.  It was not easy though, I was originally writing my thesis.  I had written more than half of it, but the files were deleted by my school's I.T. department.  It caused quite a stir in January, which forced me to take the comprehensive exams.  I am still going to finish my thesis because I am going to need it for my future studies, but due to low finances, time constraints, and the fact I just want to go back to Chicago, I took the exams.  I will post the e-mail conservation I had with the various departments at school concerning who was to blame for the deleted files.  It was quite a comical situation at the time, although I didn't think it was funny when it was happening.  I am leaving for Chicago tomorrow morning.  It has been a wild ride, that is coming to a close.

My new book should be coming out soon.  I know I have been saying this for a few years now, but it is finally ready to be sent to my publisher.  It should be available for sale in June of this year.  I can only hope it will be as successful as the first book.  The bad part is that I have not published anything for the past 5 years.  That is a long time, and I am sure I will not be able to reach some of my readers that purchased the first book.  I will update this part when I know for sure what is happening.

Well, I have a lot of things to do today to prepare for my trip home, which means I should not sit here and type a novella.  I will keep everyone in tune.

Later,
Kenny

No comments:

Post a Comment